in the news
Third Annual SPIFFY Award Winners Announced: Global Telecom Service Providers Award Telecom Startups for Innovation and Impact
The Service Provider members of the Telecom Council of Silicon Valley awarded seven young telecom companies for their innovation, execution, management, and technologies at the annual SPIFFY Awards, held February 25, 2010, in Palo Alto, California.
Members of the Service Provider Forum (SPIF) reviewed over 100+ start-ups at local Telecom Council meetings throughout 2009. Competition for these awards is stiff because all startups are screened by Telecom Council Steering Committees before they are selected to present to the SPIF or other Telecom Council forum meetings. Startups who present have been identified as having ideas, relevance, and traction that most appeal to our carriers from around the globe.
Over 20 global carriers who represent over 2 billion subscribers worldwide voted on over 100 startup companies and the winners of the 2010 SPIFFY Awards are…
- The Edison Award for Most Innovative Start-Up goes to Lithium Technologies.
- The Ground Breaker Award for Engineering Excellence goes to Cooliris.
- The Graham Bell Award for Best Communication Solutions goes to Funambol.
- The San Andreas Award for Most Disruptive Technology goes to Micro Power.
- The Core Award for Best Fixed Telecom Opportunity goes to Edgewater Networks.
- The Zephyr Award for Best Mobile Opportunity goes to Gogobeans.
- The Prodigy Award for the Most Successful SPiF Alumni is 4Home.
- The Fred & Ginger Award for Most Supportive Carrier goes to Verizon for the growing role of their San Francisco-based team in the telecom innovation scene.