Lithium Delivers Next-Generation Solution For Social Marketing
Company reimagines the brand-owned marketing community to drive traffic and conversion
Lithium Network Conference, SAN FRANCISCO - May 3, 2012 – Lithium Technologies, the leader in Social Customer Experience, today announced its next-generation social marketing solution designed to help brands deepen engagement with customers. The new Lithium Social Marketing Solution™ adds new features to its platform, including rich media interactions, ad hoc groups, streaming conversations, and a powerful new ratings and reviews module.
The solution helps many of the world’s leading brands like Sephora, Aruba Networks and Fox Networks host and capture social conversations that grow website traffic and increase conversion rates by 25 percent or more.
"While new social networks offer a host of opportunities for marketers, they also introduce unprecedented complexity," said Rob Tarkoff, Lithium President and Chief Executive Officer. "Marketers need to use all of these social networks to acquire new customer leads, however they aren't the way to deeply engage with customers and ignite their advocacy. To get the most out of your social programs, we have completely reimagined the brand-owned marketing community as a driver for deep engagement and a catalyst to creating customer advocates."
Built specifically to meet the needs of the digital marketer and based on customer feedback, Lithium’s next-generation Social Marketing Solution allows companies to powerfully tie together their investments in search, digital properties and social media to bring social conversations home to the owned-community where they can increase engagement and conversion.
"Brands that don’t embrace this strategy fail to create a social customer experience that they can control and, ultimately, are missing brand-building and sales opportunities," Tarkoff said.
Marketers overwhelmingly agree that owned media properties are the best primary vehicle for reaching online users, with 83 percent in the U.S. and 77 percent in Europe reporting that their primary website is the best-performing vehicle, according to the April 2011 Forrester Research, Inc. report “The Interactive Brand Ecosystem.” In the report, Forrester analyst Nate Elliott cites three other reasons why owned media should form the core of your brand campaign, including: customers are able to find a brand-owned site more easily; brand-owned sites allow for deeper content and experiences; and brand-owned sites give companies far greater control.
The Lithium Social Marketing Solution puts owned digital properties at the center of an integrated strategy while still allowing companies to engage customers everywhere they connect online—both on social networks and mobile platforms.
Key Capabilities of the Lithium Social Marketing Solution
- Acquire Fans and Followers Through Social Campaigns. Lithium has formed a strategic partnership with Shoutlet to power social marketing campaigns on Facebook and Twitter. Shoutlet publishes content across social channels, amplifying the reach of high value Lithium content such as blog posts, knowledge articles and contest entries.
- Put Community at the Heart of Customer Engagement. Use Social Engagement Apps to put branded community at the center of an integrated social customer experience strategy. New capabilities include enhanced photo sharing, in-line conversations, group spaces and deeper integration with social networks through social login, Lithium LevelUp for Facebook and Lithium Twitter Integration.
- Monetize Website Traffic Through Online Reviews. A brand new Ratings and Reviews module allows brands to infuse community content via widgets on critical product web pages. Trusted peer content and purchase feedback increases buyer confidence and improves sales conversion.
- Engage Social Customers Anywhere Through Mobile Apps. More than 50 percent of Lithium customers use Lithium Mobile to keep fans engaged on the go. New development tools for iOS make it easier to integrate social conversations into brands' custom iPhone and iPad apps.
- Infuse the Customer Voice Into Enterprise Activities. Lithium creates the opportunity to deliver its valuable customer feedback back into the market research, marketing and product development process. Socialcast by VMware has announced an integration to Lithium that allows Socialcast users to automatically receive posts in their work stream from their company's Lithium community so customer ideas can be discussed and refined. This direct connection with customer activites will enable joint Lithium and Socialcast customers new levels visibility into what is driving their business.
Supporting Quotes & Successes
- Fox Networks Group is using Lithium's next-generation social marketing tools to gain insights and enhance the overall viewing experience. "Our goal is to build a direct consumer connection to ultimately make better programming and scheduling decisions," said Chris Blandy, Senior Vice President, Digital Media, Fox Networks Group. "We've already seen our viewer engagement increase dramatically since deployment."
- Ipsos, a global market research company, has partnered with Lithium to bring more than 60 vibrant customer communities to Ipsos clients and leading consumer packaged goods, automotive and financial services brands. Collectively, these communities have attracted more than 1.3 million members. "We chose Lithium because the platform is highly flexible and gives us the freedom to create engaging customer experiences that connect consumers more deeply with the brand and surfaces important insights on customer needs, tastes and preferences," said Andrew Leary, Executive Vice President, Global Innovation, Ipsos.
- Jason Weaver, Shoutlet CEO said: "Shoutlet's strong suit is in helping companies design social campaigns that underscore larger business goals and our partnership with Lithium will deliver easy-to-build custom apps and creatives to help end-users accomplish this. Our combined capabilities allow Lithium's customers to build highly customized social campaigns to drive fan engagement, easily identifying and deepening fan relationships for their core audiences."
Lithium is showcasing capabilities of the Lithium Social Marketing solution during LiNC 2012, taking place May 2-4 at the InterContinental Hotel in San Francisco.
Lithium helps companies unlock the passion of their customers. Lithium software powers amazing Social Customer Experiences for more than 300 iconic brands including AT&T, BT, Best Buy, Sephora, Skype and Telstra. Lithium helps companies grow brand advocacy, drive sales, reduce costs and accelerate innovation to create a brand nation that redefines the customer experience. For more information, visit lithium.com, or connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and our own brand nation–the Lithosphere. Lithium is privately held with corporate headquarters in Emeryville, Calif. and offices in Europe and Asia.
Lithium Media Contacts:
Michael Paige, Corporate Headquarters & Global, firstname.lastname@example.org , +1 (510) 318 7014
Sandra Teuber, Central & Southern Europe, email@example.com , +41 (79) 223 7356
Prelini Chiechi, UK & Northern Europe, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 (7826) 912788
Imogen Riley, APAC & Australia, email@example.com, +61 413 274 210