Lithium Launches Social Strategy Methodology in Collaboration with Best Selling Author Geoffrey Moore
Social Tornado™ Helps Brands Move Beyond Acquiring Friends, Fans and Followers to Build a High-Powered Engagement and Enlistment Engine
Lithium Network Conference, SAN FRANCISCO - May 4, 2012 – Lithium Technologies, the leader in Social Customer Experience, today unveiled its new Social Tornado framework that enables brands to set a strategic context for social customer initiatives that improves both the power and performance of their social programs. The framework was developed in collaboration with Geoffrey Moore, business strategist and best-selling author of “Crossing the Chasm,” “Inside the Tornado” and, most recently, “Escape Velocity.”
The new strategic service, launched during the Lithium Network Conference (LiNC) 2012, will be shared with clients through a Social Deployment Playbook, co-created by Moore and Lithium. The new methodology begins with an assessment that reflects the baseline activities of acquisition, engagement, monetization and enlistment strategies and how they work together to increase overall customer virality.
“It seems to me that customer interaction is stuck,” said Geoffrey Moore. “Every brand wants to be digital, social, mobile, and global, but they are struggling with this new consumer context and they lack an inventory of proven go-to programs to execute this transformation. Lithium is helping executives set a new mental model on how these emerging social programs can drive quantifiable success.”
Rob Tarkoff, Lithium President and Chief Executive Officer, said: “Every brand wants to become truly viral and achieve the full power of word-of-mouth marketing and peer-to-peer support. The Social Tornado looks at how owning engagement and enlistment strategies can strengthen customer virality and give you the greatest returns to your social customer experience investments.”
Social Tornado Bootcamp™ for the
Lithium Digital Ecosystem
Lithium is using the Social Tornado framework as a foundation for collaborating with its ecosystem of leading digital agency partners that provide strategic advisory services and creative advice on developing impactful social customer experiences.
Lithium will launch the new methodology to an exclusive set of agency partners during Social Tornado Bootcamps in both New York and London early in the third quarter.
Digital Agency Partner Quotes
- Chris Davey, Worldwide Head of Commerce & Innovation at SapientNitro, said: “This is the type of thought leadership that new practice areas are built upon. Moore’s framework combined with Lithium’s deep understanding of engagement and enlistment strategies as well as SapientNitro’s customer engagement capabilities allows us to open a whole new set of digital strategy conversations with our clients. We’re interested in transformative stories and this allows us to bring to life best of breed solutions for the market.”
- Andy Peebler, Executive Vice President and Head of National Business Development at Acquity Group, said: “Consumers are continuing to interact with brands in new and different ways, disrupting traditional marketing and support models. Moore’s framework combined with Lithium’s innovative platform capabilities provides the leading brands that we work with a truly actionable framework for creating meaningful engagement with their customers. Strategic thinking can ultimately fall flat if there isn’t a tangible method for putting those strategies to work, and this new program will help Acquity Group continue to convert strategies to meaningful and measurable action.”
Lithium Launches Inaugural Community
Lithium launched the Social Tornado program in conjunction with its inaugural Community Manager Certification, led by Chief Community Officer Joe Cothrel. Lithium’s Community Manager Certification program is based on the company’s deep experience developed through the launch of more than 300 communities and includes:
- Peer Workshop – This intensive one-day workshop will host an intimate group of community managers from the world’s most iconic brands and is now completely sold out.
- Expansive Curriculum – 18 content areas will be covered,
including defining community roles and responsibilities, managing content
programs and developing measurement programs.
- Certification Examination – Participants will choose between completing the entire examination at the conclusion of the first day, or taking the exam in two parts, during any of the scheduled examination sessions during LiNC.
Lithium is launching both of these new offerings at LiNC 2012, taking place May 2-4 at the InterContinental Hotel in San Francisco. The next certification sessions will be offered in conjunction with the Social Tornado Bootcamps.
Lithium helps companies unlock the passion of their customers. Lithium software powers amazing Social Customer Experiences for more than 300 iconic brands including AT&T, BT, Best Buy, Sephora, Skype and Telstra. Lithium helps companies grow brand advocacy, drive sales, reduce costs and accelerate innovation to create a brand nation that redefines the customer experience. For more information, visit lithium.com, or connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and our own brand nation–the Lithosphere. Lithium is privately held with corporate headquarters in Emeryville, Calif. and offices in Europe and Asia.
All trademarks and product names are the property of their respective owners.
Lithium Media Contacts:
Michael Paige, Corporate Headquarters & Global, firstname.lastname@example.org , +1 (510) 318 7014
Sandra Teuber, Central & Southern Europe, email@example.com , +41 (79) 223 7356
Prelini Chiechi, UK & Northern Europe, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 (7826) 912788
Imogen Riley, APAC & Australia, email@example.com, +61 413 274 210